Friday, May 15, 2015

Muscle Testing


In a previous post I briefly mentioned that you can use muscle testing to determine which oil your body needs (or you can test for someone else too). Here's a little more information about how to do that for those that are interested.

Muscle testing is an energy test to determine truth. It's a method of accessing the subconscious mind and the body. It can be used for a variety of reasons, including allergy testing, emotional release techniques, deciding if a supplement is beneficial for your body, and on and on. Some people refer to it as an internal lie detector. The idea is that your subconscious knows what is true (and what is not) and that if you are in the presence of truth, or say a true statement, then your muscles will be able to hold strong against applied pressure. If you are in the presence of an untruth, or if you say an untrue statement, then your muscles cannot hold strong against applied pressure. Untruth weakens our body.

I use muscle testing to determine which oils to use on myself, my family, or my foot zoning clients. When a person comes to me for a foot zone, I have no idea what is going on in their bodies when they sit down in front of me. But my energy can ask their energy what it needs. When my kids are sick or having a rough time, I have an idea of what they need, but I don't understand the whole picture of what's going on inside their little bodies and minds. But I can use this simple energy test to choose which oils, out of the 100+ oils that I have, will be the most beneficial for them at that moment.

The thing that fascinates me most about muscle testing is that you can muscle test for anyone, anywhere in the world! They don't have to be sitting right next to you. Energy is not limited by time or space. My sister can text me from across the country and ask me to muscle test something for her and I can get the same answer as I would if she was right beside me. Very cool! Just make sure that you ask for permission to test for someone else. You don't even have to verbally ask the person; just ask yourself, "Can I test for ______?" and the muscle test can answer for you.

The keys to muscle testing correctly are practice, having an open, clear mind, and being energetically balanced. If you are distracted, stressed, nervous, or if you think you know what the answer should be, then you will have a hard time getting a good answer from a muscle test. There was a period of 1-2 years where I couldn't muscle test at all because the stress in my life made me too imbalanced.

To prepare yourself to muscle test, try these simple things:

1. Take a deep breath. Or two. Or three.
2. Ground your energy by imagining your energy reaching down and connecting with the earth.
3. Clear your mind of distractions and pre-conceived ideas, setting the intention to seek the truth.

There are innumerable methods for muscle testing. As you practice and play around with it, you'll find what feels most comfortable to you. I've gone through 5 different ways to muscle test to find the method that I am currently using (flicking a finger on one hand). My least favorite methods are the ones that require another person present to push down on your arm (pictured below) or to pull your fingers apart.


A good one to start out with is the sway test. This is a great video that explains the sway test really well. It's also a good example of how our opinions and bias can affect the muscle test. This lady has decided that ingesting essential oils is good and beneficial, and it is reflected in the muscle test. If I were to muscle test if I should ingest essential oils, I would most likely get a firm "no" since I firmly believe that oils should not be ingested. That's why muscle testing can be tricky and isn't an exact science.



I like part 2 of her muscle testing videos to show other ways to muscle test using your hands:



For a more in-depth understanding of muscle testing, Dr. Nelson (creator of The Body Code) has a webinar posted that goes into more detail. I haven't been able to sit down and listen to the full 90 minutes, but I like what I've heard so far! You can listen by clicking here.

Muscle testing is a lot of fun to practice! Throughout the day, practice getting a "yes" answer or a "no" answer just to see how it feels. The more you practice, the better you'll get. As always, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me!