Saturday, April 27, 2019

Cold and Sore Throat Tea

This is my favorite remedy when I get slammed with a cold or sore throat. I don't get sick very often. Usually, when I feel like I'm coming down with something I can take my RC tincture and it goes away. But some viruses are just nasty and break through the herbs. Especially when you substitute teach at an elementary school.

This drink revives the energy, clears congestion, and eases a sore throat. But do prepare yourself before taking the first sip! The last time I made this, I was in a hurry and started gulping it down without taking a minute to prepare. It hit my sore throat and I had an involuntary reaction and started coughing and spluttering. The drink went up my nose! Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper do NOT feel good on the nasal passages!

When purchasing apple cider vinegar, look for the Bragg's brand. It has "the mother" which is the floatie stuff in the vinegar. Some other brands have this also--just make sure you're not purchasing filtered vinegar like Heinz. It doesn't have the same health properties.